Monday, July 09, 2012

Week from H-E-Double Hockeysticks

So this last week before my vacation is going to be chaotic - in part because I'm getting everything ready to go on vacation and in part because I just have a lot scheduled.  I'm at the end of a 13+ hour day today and I have at least 45 more hours of work before quittin' time on Friday.

I think I can make it through to the other side - I just have to keep choosing lovely views like the one above for my infrequent breaks and I have to keep reciting the following mantra:  "this time next week."  Because, as I started my hour-long journey home from work at 9pm, with sleepy eyes and a broken phone*, I had to think of how things will be much better then.  This time next week, I'll be snoozing in the front bedroom of our summer cottage on PEI, the window thrown open to the fresh sea breeze and three weeks of vacation ahead of me.  Now, that's a carrot to get me through this week!


*which my amazing husband fixed when I got home, after we ate the quiche he made.  I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

No comments: