So remember how I went to Scotland, didn't tell you before I went, then told you when I came back, and then weeks went by and I didn't post ANY pictures? Right. I can be a bit of a jerk, apparently. Sorry about that!
To make it up to you, there is another silly video above & here are at least some of the photos we took: Scotland Album of Doom (part 5). Justin has the rest & I can't figure out out how to share them publicly from his Facebook albums. If anyone knows how, do let me know!
Also - just for fun, here's our trip to Scotland, by the numbers (in descending order):
- Infinity: # of times I said "Oh, I want to live here again."
- Also infinity: # of sheep we saw in the Highlands & Islands (glad it wasn't an infinite number of monkeys . . . )
- 1037: total # of miles driven in rental car (I think this is right). I know it was at least 1036 because on the way to return the car, I made a joke about it being 30 years still before the Norman invasion. Good thing my husband loves me and didn't just leap out of the car into Edinburgh rush hour traffic then & there.
- 858: # of photos we took
- 190: £ we spent at a used bookshop in Inverness - the second highest amount we spent in any one place, even trouncing the bills for 3 very posh dinners and almost every hotel bill
- 42 and 32: % ABV of two of the beers we tasted at BrewDog Aberdeen
- 15: total # days we spent in fair Alba
- 9: # of beds we slept in throughout that time
- 4.2: miles we drove on a single track road through a peat bog to get to this place. Soooo worth it.
- 1: # of Majestic Wind-Swept Ponies we saw on Aberdeenshire hills
- 1: # of City Foxes we saw hanging out in back alleys near Edinburgh Castle
- 1: # of fragments of seashell from Portobello Beach still embedded in my heel (should probably see a doctor about that . . .)