Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wedding News!

Crap. Shouldn't have put that in the title. Now I've lost all of those-who-are-bored-with-wedding-planning. ;) However, I think I've done a pretty good job so far shielding you all from the wedding planning 3-ring circus that's been running around my head. The Boy, my mother, my close friends, and slow-moving passersby have not gotten the same courtesy.

So. This tree, right here, right below, is the tree under which we will be married. Squeee! It's in a seaside park nearby, with the gorgeous view detailed below.




This final photo is the view from under the tree - the view that will be to my left during the ceremony.

Now, the one glitch in this whole "specific wedding tree" plan is that because it's a public park, we can't actually reserve this specific area. The park is, very rightly & democratically, "first come first serve."

It does freak me out a bit that we can't lay official claim to this little spot of land. However, we're getting married outdoors, at the end of September, in a cold New England state, in a small town. I don't
think I'll have to fight off any other brides. But, so help me, I will if I have to. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you need me to camp out under the tree for a few days im on it! ps i have your back in the fight against the bride.

To Be Announced said...

That looks gorgeous! And for some reason, I don't doubt your ability to take down another potential bride!